logging-general mailing list archives

From Michaël CATANZARITI <mca...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Unsolicited proposal for log4cxx project
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2004 23:56:23 GMT
Hi,

I am not sure to have understood well, but I would like to precise that the
log4cxx project has already implemented the SyslogAppender in the following way
:

If the syslogHost property is set to "localhost" or "127.0.0.1", the
SyslogAppender invokes the standard POSIX C function "syslog".

If the syslogHost property is valid remote address or hostname, the
SyslogAppender sends UDP packets to the remote host using port 514 (exactly
like log4j does).

Regards,

--
Michaël CATANZARITI