logging-general mailing list archives

From Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>
Subject Re: new log4cxx committers
Date Sat, 10 Jul 2004 13:14:35 GMT
Michael,

Not only does it not cause problems, one of the key parts of incubation
is making sure there is a community around the code.

Having said that, there are a few things that need to be done first.  We
don't like creating Apache accounts and giving write access to source
code unless people have already been contributing to the project in
question.

So most projects accept patches, documentation and e-mail assistance
from non-committers, and when they feel the people involved have
contributed enough to warrant it, they make them committers.

The mechanics are loosely described in

http://incubator.apache.org/learn/newcommitters.html

But the key thing from your perspective is probably the first para.

Cheers,
	Berin