I'm log4j (v 1.2.8) in my web application for logging purposes. My web
application runs in JBOSS 3.2.1. I'm also using AXIS v.1.1

After starting JBOSS, I got the following error on JBOSS console and
nothing is printed on console after this error.

Error: invalid consoleappender config detected, console stream is looping

I've spent lots of time to solve this problem. But still I'm not able
to resolve it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

log4j properties file I'm using is as follows:
# Root logger, uses appender by name of WSHLog
# WSH logger, user can set the logging level to any of the following
# DEBUG, INFO, WARNING, ERROR, FATAL. Currently we are using DEBUG
# Appender used by our logger is named WSHLog
log4j.logger.WSHLogger=INFO, WSHLog
# set its additivity to false
# this is to ensure that logging requests to WSH Logger do not
# go to loggers up in hierarchy
# WSHLog appender, rolling file appender with file size 100KB, max 10
# WSH log file name
# maximum file size, once this size is reached the current file will
# be moved to wsh.log.1, wsh.log.1 will move to wsh.log.2 and so on
# Keep 10 backup files
# layout for logging
log4j.appender.WSHLog.layout.ConversionPattern=%d [%t] %-5p - %C{1}::%M

thanks & regards,

Do you Yahoo!?