logging-general mailing list archives

From Ramakrishna.A...@ubs.com
Subject log4plsql - level problem
Date Fri, 18 Jun 2004 14:26:39 GMT
Hi,
Sorry for mailing you directly, but we have had no luck mailing the list to get a reply.

We are using log4plsql with log4j to log messages to external appenders. Appenders are getting
the messages from log4plsql if the threshold is not set. If the threshold is set in log4j
configuration file then appenders are not getting the messages.

Our Problem is stated below:

The Levels for log4plsql are below, these levels are different from log4j
	10,OFF
	20,FATAL
	30,ERROR
	40,WARN
	50,INFO
	60,DEBUG
	70,ALL

Log4j default level are :
	Integer.MAX_VALUE, OFF
	50000,FATAL
	40000,ERROR
	30000,WARN
	20000,INFO
	10000,DEBUG
    	Integer.MIN_VALUE,ALL

These levels are reverse order as compared with the levels log4plsql levels in the table.

Is it possible to change the code log4plsql Background process according to log4j levels?

	a).Instead of callAppenders in ReaderLogDatabase.sqlj

                switch (piped_LLEVEL) {
                	case 20:
                		dbLogger.fatal(piped_LTEXTE);
                		break;
                	case 30:
                		dbLogger.error(piped_LTEXTE);
                		break;
                	case 40:
                		dbLogger.warn(piped_LTEXTE);
                		break;
                	case 50:
                		dbLogger.info(piped_LTEXTE);
				break;
                	case 60:
                		dbLogger.debug(piped_LTEXTE);
	            		break;
	            	default:
	            		dbLogger.error(piped_LTEXTE);
	               		break;

  	or
	b).	we can extend level class and write a new class for log4plsql for log4j and for setting
threshold give the class 		name in the configuration file. For this code change in log4plsql
background process is

		public
  			boolean isGreaterOrEqual(Priority r) {
				return r.isGreaterOrEqual(this);
			}

		As the check for the Priority is different for log4j and log4plsql.

or

Any possible feed back would be much appreciated as we need to implement this within our enviroment
ASAP.

Regards
Ramakrishna.

Visit our website at http://www.ubs.com