logging-general mailing list archives

From Nicko Cadell <ni...@neoworks.com>
Subject RE: log4j.dtd
Date Sun, 16 May 2004 09:59:37 GMT

> Given that log4j.dtd has an impact on the interaction among
> log4* projects, should we rename log4j.dtd to a more neutral
> name and move it to Logging Services?

Do you also intend to make the dtd itself more neutral, for example do you
propose changing the namespace?

If you change the namespace it becomes a different schema which needs to be
supported separately by the log4 frameworks. That means that you can add
back in the #required attribute on sequenceNumber and make any other
breaking changes you want. Maybe we could rename the <throwable> element
<exception> as it is a more globally understood term.

Cheers,

Nicko
----
Nicko Cadell