logging-general mailing list archives

From "Mark Womack" <mwom...@apache.org>
Subject Re: log4j.dtd
Date Tue, 18 May 2004 03:09:40 GMT
Why can't we consider both XML Schema and DTD?

-Mark

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Smith" <Paul.Smith@lawlex.com.au>
To: "'Ceki Gülcü '" <ceki@qos.ch>; "'Logging General '"
<general@logging.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, May 03, 2004 2:22 PM
Subject: RE: log4j.dtd

+1 on 'logging-event.dtd'.

I think that the dtd describes a singular event, at the moment there is
nothing inside the dtd that indicates what a collection on logging events in
XML looks like, which is a shame.  I think the XMLReceivers (both remote and
file reading) within Chainsaw wrap a series of logging event xml snippets in
some outer xml to make it a collection.  It might be worth having this
definition within the dtd, although DTD-speak confuses me, so not sure how
to do that.

XML Schema would be easier, is that something we should consider, or if we
are targeting JDK1.2 would DTD be safer?

Paul Smith