logging-general mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: logistics questions
Date Sat, 10 Apr 2004 13:40:51 GMT

Hi Michael,

At 12:57 PM 4/10/2004 +0200, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>For a few weeks, the log4cxx home page is active !
>
>In the past, log4cxx was hosted by sourceforge
>(http://sf.net/projects/log4cxx).
>
>What do you think about closing or keeping the log4cxx sourceforge access ?

In principle, the SF pages for log4cxx should be abandoned within a
reasonable delay.

>How can I create an account concerning log4cxx in the Apache bugzilla
>database ?

You can ask infrastructure@apache to do it for you. Note that currently you
have the choice between JIRA, Scrab and Bugzilla. Log4j uses bugzilla but
if you feel that one of the other two tools better fills your requirements
then by all means ask infrastructure@ set up log4cxx for your preferred tool.

>How could I migrate all bugs/feature requests to  the Apache bugzilla
>database ?
>Should keep using the sourceforge download manager to deliver minor or
>stabilization versions  and use the Apache site to deliver major versions ?

You really should migrate to use the Apache site for file distribution.
Using another venue for distribution is seriously frowned upon.

>What are the rules to deliver versions through the Apache web site ?

I would simply start by placing the file on logging.apache.org/log4cxx/ .
We can subsequently mirror your distrib files if need be.

>I find it ambigous for users and complicated for me to maintain both
>log4cxx main pages.

Indeed, having two separate web-sites is both ambiguous and confusing.

Please contact me if you need help with any of the specifics.

--
Ceki Gülcü