logging-general mailing list archives

From Michael CATANZARITI <mca...@free.fr>
Subject Re: cvs: docs/site/bylaws.html src/xdocs/site/bylaws.xml
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2004 11:37:41 GMT
Ceki,

1/ I had already added a "download" page in log4cxx web pages :
http://logging.apache.org/log4cxx/download.html
Should I remove it, and put links to binary files on the general binindex.html
page ?

2/ For the moment, log4cxx is in beta version. So I deliver versions very often
to fix bugs detected by users, as soon as possible.
I could suggest users to directly uses the CVS access to synchronize with the
lastest fixed, and not deliver so many beta versions. However, some users can't
have access to CVS, because of firewalls or proxies.
I could also regulary deliver a CVS snapshot, with no version number.
What do you suggest me ? What is the procedure with log4j ?

3/ If I understood well, a major version of each logging sub-project, must be
validated by the PMC, before its official release. Naturally, I would say that
only major versions of the sub-projects should be referenced on the page
binindex.html

So, I'm not sure that I should put the minor, or developpement versions of
log4cxx on this page.

Michaël