logging-general mailing list archives

From "Viner, David" <dvi...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject RE: logging and log4perl
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2004 21:47:21 GMT
Excellent.  Thanks for the encouragement.  From reading the notes on the
incubator website, and the log4net example, here's what I can see as the
steps:

1. Log4Perl community submits proposal.
2. Need to be nominated for incubation by a member of ASF.
3. Need to be approved by a sponsor (Logging Services)

http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html mentions this
proposal, but doesn't specify what it should contain. Can I see the proposal
for log4net and use that as a template?

>From reading the policy, it looks like the code is required to be:
	- hosted in CVS on apache.org
	- licensed under Apache Software license.
Is hosting the code on sourceforge's cvs tree sufficient? or will we need to
move the code to apache's cvs?  and similarly with documentation... will
that need to move to logging.apache.org site instead of the it's current
location?

The Log4perl code is currently licensed as
"This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
under the same terms as Perl itself."
Is this compatible with ASL? or will we need to alter it?  I believe perl is
distributed under the "Artistic license", but I have no idea the
relationship between this and the Apache Software License.

Thanks.
dave viner