logging-general mailing list archives

From Paul Smith <paul.sm...@lawlex.com.au>
Subject RE: ASF Board Summary for February 18, 2004
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2004 21:15:34 GMT
On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 07:27, nicko@apache.org wrote:
> > - author tags are officially discouraged. these create difficulties in
> >   establishing the proper ownership and the protection of our
> >   committers. there are other social issues dealing with collaborative
> >   development, but the Board is concerned about the legal ramifications
> >   around the use of author tags
> I think this is the only resolution from the board that will affect the
> log4j and log4net projects.

Other than having to add the new license file in.  Crossing fingers
Jalopy can do this in 10 seconds for us, but I've been too busy to even
think about this at the moment.

Regarding the author tags, I would really like to hear more about the
rationale behind it, because I'd never even contemplated there would be
a problem, but it would not bother me too much if they were removed, as
long as each release contained a list of contributors somewhere.

Paul Smith

View raw message