Return-Path: Delivered-To: apmail-logging-general-archive@www.apache.org Received: (qmail 9454 invoked from network); 6 Jan 2004 12:22:38 -0000 Received: from daedalus.apache.org (HELO mail.apache.org) (208.185.179.12) by minotaur-2.apache.org with SMTP; 6 Jan 2004 12:22:38 -0000 Received: (qmail 45131 invoked by uid 500); 6 Jan 2004 12:22:37 -0000 Delivered-To: apmail-logging-general-archive@logging.apache.org Received: (qmail 45108 invoked by uid 500); 6 Jan 2004 12:22:36 -0000 Mailing-List: contact general-help@logging.apache.org; run by ezmlm Precedence: bulk list-help: list-unsubscribe: list-post: Reply-To: "Logging General" Delivered-To: mailing list general@logging.apache.org Received: (qmail 45087 invoked by uid 500); 6 Jan 2004 12:22:36 -0000 Delivered-To: apmail-logging-site-cvs@apache.org Received: (qmail 45079 invoked from network); 6 Jan 2004 12:22:36 -0000 Received: from unknown (HELO minotaur.apache.org) (209.237.227.194) by daedalus.apache.org with SMTP; 6 Jan 2004 12:22:36 -0000 Received: (qmail 9441 invoked by uid 1208); 6 Jan 2004 12:22:37 -0000 Date: 6 Jan 2004 12:22:37 -0000 Message-ID: <20040106122237.9440.qmail@minotaur.apache.org> From: ceki@apache.org To: logging-site-cvs@apache.org Subject: cvs commit: logging-site/src/xdocs/site who-we-are.xml X-Spam-Rating: daedalus.apache.org 1.6.2 0/1000/N X-Spam-Rating: minotaur-2.apache.org 1.6.2 0/1000/N ceki 2004/01/06 04:22:37 Modified: docs/site who-we-are.html src/xdocs/site who-we-are.xml Added: docs/images chris.jpg Log: Revision Changes Path 1.1 logging-site/docs/images/chris.jpg <> 1.9 +33 -12 logging-site/docs/site/who-we-are.html Index: who-we-are.html =================================================================== RCS file: /home/cvs/logging-site/docs/site/who-we-are.html,v retrieving revision 1.8 retrieving revision 1.9 diff -u -r1.8 -r1.9 --- who-we-are.html 24 Dec 2003 19:40:23 -0000 1.8 +++ who-we-are.html 6 Jan 2004 12:22:37 -0000 1.9 @@ -24,7 +24,7 @@ - Logging Services - Mission Statement for the Logging Services Project + Logging Services - Who we are @@ -113,14 +113,27 @@

PMC members

    + +
  • Scott Deboy +

    Scott began contributing to the log4j project in early 2003, + focusing his efforts on developing a new logging analysis tool that + would become the next version of Chainsaw. Along the way, he + contributed code which gave Chainsaw (and log4j) the ability to process + events generated by other logging frameworks. +

    +
  • +
  • Ceki G�lc� - + + +

    Ceki is the founder the log4j project which continues - to occupy much of his time. He enjoys writing software altough he - is discovering that it is far more difficult than what it seems - initially. He is also managing an IT - services company.

    Ceki serves the chairman of the Logging Services + project. He is the founder the log4j project which continues to + take much of his time. He enjoys writing software altough he is + discovering that it is far more difficult than what it seems + initially. Ceki works for QOS.ch, + an IT services company based in Lausanne, Switzerland.

  • @@ -194,7 +207,7 @@

    Emeritus committers

    Committers who ask for emeritus status or inactive for 6 at least months become emeritus committers. Their privileges are returned as - soon as they decide to contribute again.

    + soon as they decide to contribute once again.

    • Mathias Bogaert @@ -243,11 +256,19 @@
    • Chris Taylor - -

      Chris is the author NTEventLogAppender. In around 1832, he - ported our previous GNU-make build system to at the time unknown - but promising jakarta-ant. -

      + + + + + + + + +

      Chris is the author NTEventLogAppender. In around 1832, he + ported our previous GNU-make build system to, at the time little + known but promising, Apache + Ant.

      +
    1.6 +199 -189 logging-site/src/xdocs/site/who-we-are.xml Index: who-we-are.xml =================================================================== RCS file: /home/cvs/logging-site/src/xdocs/site/who-we-are.xml,v retrieving revision 1.5 retrieving revision 1.6 diff -u -r1.5 -r1.6 --- who-we-are.xml 3 Jan 2004 07:02:53 -0000 1.5 +++ who-we-are.xml 6 Jan 2004 12:22:37 -0000 1.6 @@ -1,190 +1,200 @@ - - - - - Ceki Gulcu - Mission Statement for the Logging Services Project - - - - - - - -

    List of developers

    - - -

    The software proposed by Logging Services project is the result - of contributions from several dozen developers and hundreds of users - across the globe. Some of the more prominent contributors are listed - below in alphabetical order. -

    - - - - - -

    PMC members

    -
      - -
    • Scott Deboy -

      Scott began contributing to the log4j project in early 2003, - focusing his efforts on developing a new logging analysis tool that - would become the next version of Chainsaw. Along the way, he - contributed code which gave Chainsaw (and log4j) the ability to process - events generated by other logging frameworks. -

      -
    • - -
    • Ceki Gülcü - - - - -

      Ceki is the founder the log4j project which continues - to occupy much of his time. He enjoys writing software altough he - is discovering that it is far more difficult than what it seems - initially. He is also managing an IT - services company.

      -
    • - -
    • Jacob Kjome - -

      Jacob Kjome has been developing software since 1997 and has - been playing with Java for about 4 years. Jake joined the log4j - team after being very active on the user list and contributing - servlet and repository selector related code to the - logj-sandbox. He is also a committer on the (non-Apache - related) XMLC, BarracudaMVC, and Prevayler projects. Of late - his free time has been squeezed with a new job and his vigorous - 2 year old son, Nicholas, but he still tries to pitch in when he - can. :-) -

      -
    • - -
    • Yoav Shapira - - - - - -
      - -

      Yoav Shapira works for Millennium Pharmaceuticals and is as - interested in the business aspects of Open-Source Software as he - is in the technical aspects. Yoav contributes to the Tomcat - container, the Log4j logging system, and a number of - jakarta-commons and other open-source projects.

      -
      -
    • - -
    • Paul Smith - - - - -
      - -

      Paul Smith has been developing software since 1990, and - playing computer games a few years longer than that. He has - been thoroughly enjoying Java since 1998 after he gave up on - Visual Basic in disgust. Paul joined the log4j team after - finding how darn useful it and the companion Chainsaw - application was in '03, and has been helping out where he can, - working on Chainsaw v2, and generally making a good nuisance of - himself.

      -
      -
    • - -
    • Mark Womack - - - - - -

      Mark Womack has been developing software for over 12 - years. He has been developing in Java for the past 4 years, - focusing on web application development. He has been an - active committer for the Apache Jakarta log4j project since - April 2002, contributing features for the upcoming v1.3 - release.

      -
    • -
    - -

    Active committers

    - -
  • Jim Moore -

    Jim is often seen answering tough question from log4j users.

    -
  • - - -

    Emeritus committers

    - -

    Committers who ask for emeritus status or inactive for 6 at least - months become emeritus committers. Their privileges are returned as - soon as they decide to contribute again.

    - -
      - -
    • Mathias Bogaert - -

      While not lurking on the serverside, Mathias - mends the log4j documentation.

      -
    • - -
    • James P. Cakalic -

      Jim is the original author of the PatternLayout and the - NTEventLogAppender.

      -
    • - -
    • Paul Glezen - - - - - - - -

      Paul consults for customers of IBM's WebSphere - Application Server and related products. His software interests - include developing distributed applications with an emphasis on - source code maintainability and runtime manageability. His - demonstration to customers of the value of the open source - community and their products occasionally results in meager - contributions back to these project.

      -
    • - -
    • Anders Kristensen - -

      Contributor of many enhancements, Anders takes a keen interest - in log4j and all things Java, OO, and XML. He is currently - specification lead for JSR 116, the SIP Servlet expert group.

      -
    • - -
    • Jon Skeet - -

      Jon is a software developer in his mid-twenties living in the - UK. He is a Java enthusiast and very active participant in the - comp.lang.java.* newsgroups as well as a moderator for the log4j - mailing lists. He is a committer for the Ant project, involved - (when time permits!) in tidying up the code documentation. -

      -
    • - -
    • Chris Taylor - -

      Chris is the author NTEventLogAppender. In around 1832, he - ported our previous GNU-make build system to at the time unknown - but promising jakarta-ant. -

      -
    • - -
    - - - - - + + + + + Ceki Gulcu + Who we are + + + + + + + +

    List of developers

    + + +

    The software proposed by Logging Services project is the result + of contributions from several dozen developers and hundreds of users + across the globe. Some of the more prominent contributors are listed + below in alphabetical order. +

    + + + + + +

    PMC members

    +
      + +
    • Scott Deboy +

      Scott began contributing to the log4j project in early 2003, + focusing his efforts on developing a new logging analysis tool that + would become the next version of Chainsaw. Along the way, he + contributed code which gave Chainsaw (and log4j) the ability to process + events generated by other logging frameworks. +

      +
    • + +
    • Ceki Gülcü + + + + + + +

[...]

  • + + +

    Emeritus committers

    + +

    Committers who ask for emeritus status or inactive for 6 at least + months become emeritus committers. Their privileges are returned as + soon as they decide to contribute once again.

    + +
      + +
[...]

    + + + + +