logging-general mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL]: Migrate Bugzilla to JIRA for the LS Project
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2004 13:47:43 GMT

Howdy,
-1 for now: my objections are basically the same as many of the commons committers, and they
are on more of a philosophical ground.  JIRA is not free, it's just free for our use by donation
from a company.  I think ASF should use a free open-source issue tracker, such as bugzilla
(or scarab).

The issue of management as Ceki mentioned is also a detractor.  But possibly the biggest detractor
of all is that I don't mind bugzilla, I think it works fine, so I'm a big fan of the KISS/If-it-ain't-broken-don't-fix-it
principle.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics