logging-general mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Granting committer status to log4net developers
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2004 13:03:02 GMT
Hi Berin,

At 09:06 PM 1/6/2004 +1100, Berin Lautenbach wrote:
>Ceki,
>
>What is it we are voting access for here?  Is it to the overall logging
>project repository?  To a CVS module for the log4net code that is to be
>created?

I am inclined to create a new CVS module for log4net and for each
sub-project. If a log4-X committer wants to commit a patch to project
log4-Y, they can ask to become a log4-Y committer.

>Also - is log4net being directly imported or is it going through the
>incubator?  My understanding would be the latter given it's bringing new
>developers in, but my guess would be that it would be fairly simple if the
>license issues are simple?

As long as the legal questions are properly covered, I don't the think the
ASF board will oppose the incubation process to take place here at LS.

>(Apologies if all of this has been gone through before :>).

Nope, thanks for raising these good questions.

--
Ceki Gülcü