logging-general mailing list archives

From Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Setup Logging Wiki
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2004 09:17:53 GMT
Mark Womack wrote:

> I guess I missed some big discussions somewhere about the oversight
> requirements for the wiki page content.  Did anyone lurk/participate in that
> discussion.  Are there legal reasons we have to maintain oversight or is it
> just a need/desire to keep pages correct, etc?

 From reading past e-mails on the subject of the wiki at Nagoya, there
has been some concern that the size of the Wiki has meant no-one is
keeping an eye on the content.  As I understand it, given the site is
hosted by Apache, that lead to a concern that we might be liable for
"nasty" or incorrect content on the site if we did not take steps to
ensure some form of oversite.

Cheers,
	Berin