logging-general mailing list archives

From Paul Smith <paul.sm...@lawlex.com.au>
Subject [PROPOSAL]: Migrate Bugzilla to JIRA for the LS Project
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 21:02:02 GMT
I would like to propose to the group that we (the Logging Service
community) discuss migrating from Bugzilla to the JIRA issue management
system.

I notice that Noel Bergmen has been doing a bit (probably a lot!) of
co-ordinating for some migration effort for some of the projects, which
prompted me to take a peek.  From the look-see that I did at JIRA, I am
greatly impressed with it, and I think that the LS overall project, now
that we have other language teams coming on board, may ease the
management and improve issue communication and assist in oversight.

If you haven't had a chance to poke around with JIRA, I highly recommend
that you have a look:

http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/

It's free for open-source projects, and a number of Apache projects are
either using it, or about to, the new Geronimo J2EE project to name one:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10220

Should this proposal go to a vote and succeed, I would be happy to
volunteer to assist in the migration process (once this pesky work
project winds down a little, hopefully only a couple more weeks).

Regards to all.

Paul Smith