logging-general mailing list archives

From "Mark Womack" <mwom...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Granting committer status to log4net developers
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2004 03:27:37 GMT
+1

On the point of the license and the code, there is some kind of review that
will take place?  Even though the code is shipped with the ASF license, if
the project or committers are not part of the ASF, it does not mean the ASF
owns it or takes liability for it, does it?  Otherwise, the ASF would be
liable/support code that it is not really responsible for.  It would mean
that anyone could assign code ownership to the ASF without the ASF
reviewing/accepting it.  That doesn't sound right to me.

So, while I agree that the ASF license being in the log4net code is a good
indication of the intent to distribute it under the ASF/ASF-like license,
some kind of review should still take place.

-Mark

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ceki Gülcü" <ceki@qos.ch>
To: <general@logging.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, January 05, 2004 10:04 AM
Subject: [VOTE] Granting committer status to log4net developers

Hello all,

Given that including log4net into Apache Logging Services is within
the mandate of the LS project, given that log4net already ships with
an Apache License and ASF copyright and given that log4net people have
expressed interest in joining the Logging Services project, I propose
that log4net committers should be granted committer access once they
have sent in their CLAs.

Here is my vote:

[X] +1, grant committer access to log4net developers with CLA
[ ]  0, I don't know/care
[ ] -1, no, that's a bad idea because...

--
Ceki Gülcü