logging-general mailing list archives

From "Mark Womack" <mwom...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Setup Logging Wiki
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2004 08:18:25 GMT
I thought so too.  And Noel replied to me:

> Mark Womack wrote:
>
>> but maybe there is an argument for it to be:
>> wiki.apache.org/jakarta/$subproject
>
> As I have explained before, that would be a wiki named jakarta with a page
> named $subproject.  Change notices would go to the address defined for the
> wiki, e.g., site-cvs@jakarta.apache.org

It doesn't fit into the way the wiki structures the pages, unfortunately.
It would be more natural.  That is unless we want to have a single wiki with
the subprojects just being pages.  But then everyone will get the change
notices for all the page changes and it will tougher for subprojects to
monitor changes specific to their pages.

I guess I missed some big discussions somewhere about the oversight
requirements for the wiki page content.  Did anyone lurk/participate in that
discussion.  Are there legal reasons we have to maintain oversight or is it
just a need/desire to keep pages correct, etc?

-Mark