libcloud-users mailing list archives

From Simon Smith <...@arcode.com>
Subject httplib error when using Rackspace cloudfiles driver
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2011 17:19:04 GMT
I'm getting an httplib.py error when trying to upload a file, see python
session below.  Note that 'test2' is a previously-created container.   I
looked at the code and it isn't obvious what is going on.  I can go add
debugging code but first wanted to see if anyone else had run into
this.  (Note: I have not had any problems using libcloud to create new
Rackspace computing nodes).

Thanks - Simon

 >>> from libcloud.storage.types import Provider
 >>> from libcloud.storage.providers import get_driver
 >>> CloudFiles = get_driver(Provider.CLOUDFILES_US)
 >>> driver = CloudFiles('<redacted>','<redacted>')
/var/www/html/ops/resources/python/libcloud/httplib_ssl.pyc/qqPIGI8-vn-gxQ_YSAuiF22D8YyOdnxVQ8LYN4UQEbk:55:

UserWarning: SSL certificate verification is disabled, this can pose a
security risk. For more information how to enable the SSL certificate
verification, please visit the libcloud documentation.
 >>> cont = driver.get_container('test2')
 >>> driver.upload_object('file.txt',cont,'testfile2')
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
   File "python/libcloud/storage/drivers/cloudfiles.py", line 304, in
upload_object
   File "python/libcloud/storage/drivers/cloudfiles.py", line 398, in
_put_object
   File "python/libcloud/storage/base.py", line 534, in _upload_object
   File "python/libcloud/storage/drivers/cloudfiles.py", line 123, in
request
   File "python/libcloud/common/base.py", line 385, in request
   File "/home/arcmgr/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 924, in putheader
     str = '%s: %s' % (header, '\r\n\t'.join(values))
TypeError: sequence item 0: expected string, long found