libcloud-users mailing list archives

From Toma┼ż Muraus <to...@tomaz.me>
Subject Re: supported provider
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 22:07:49 GMT
Hi,

I have just recently decoupled functionality from the ElasticHosts driver
into a separate ElasticStack class. Now adding a new provider driver which
is based on ElasticStack platform should be relatively simple;

1. Add new provider constants to* libcloud/compute/{types,providers}.py*
2. Add a new driver to *libcloud/compute/drivers/<provider_name>.py* - for
example you can look at *
libcloud/compute/drivers/{elastichosts,skalicloud}.py* since both of those
providers APIs are based on the ElasticStack platform
3. Add tests in *test/compute/test_elasticstack.py*
*
*
I did actually want to add driver for the OpenHosting.com myself, but the
problem was that your website doesn't list standard drivers or so called
images in Libcloud.

Ideally, after finishing all the steps listed above you would also test the
driver with the valid API credentials.