libcloud-dev mailing list archives

From Grig Gheorghiu <grig.gheorg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [libcloud] libcloud storage API proposal & ideas
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2011 16:48:24 GMT
I just stumbled on this blog post which talks about a common for cloud
data storage and management: CDMI. Not sure how legit this all is, but
the guy who wrote the blog post works for NetApp.

http://intotheinfrastructure.blogspot.com/2009/12/reference-architecture-for-cloud.html

If this turns out to have industry support (and the SNIA member
directory does have a lot of big hitters
http://www.snia.org/member_com/member_directory/), then maybe
libcloud's storage layer should adhere to the CDMI interface -- or at
least provide an API for CDMI-compliant cloud storage solutions?

Grig