libcloud-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Querna <p...@querna.org>
Subject Re: [libcloud] Custom API queries
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2011 05:30:31 GMT
On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 8:16 PM, Sengor <sengork@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Is it safe enough (long term interface wise) to utilise this mechanism
> for sending custom queries to cloud provider APIs?
>
> Example:
> '<?xml version="1.0"...>'
>
> Where '/keys' could be an arbitrary REST API call.

It would be better to wrap most of these in ex_ prefix APIs on the
main driver object -- while I dont think there is a plan to rewrite
connection any time soon, relying on it seems very much like a
non-public API -- it would be best to just submit patches for adding
more things, see the rackspace or amazon drivers for example, they
have many extension apis.

Thanks,

Paul