libcloud-dev mailing list archives

From "Upayavira" ...@odoko.co.uk>
Subject RE: [libcloud] [vote] Usage of Ant bylaws for libcloud.
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2010 18:03:29 GMT
There is no veto here. Paul is expressing his opinion. Even if he voted
-1, that would still not count as a veto.

Having said that, perhaps I can unpick a bit of history. Some years
back, there was a buzz of projects creating bylaws - it was seen as one
of the tasks projects had to undertake. I suspect the Ant bylaws you see
date from that time. In more recent years, it has been acknowledged that
the bylaws of the foundation are themselves sufficient to operate from.
I strongly suspect that this is the background to Paul's vote.

Having said that, there may well be information in those bylaws that
could be very helpful to us, and I'm certainly not averse at all to
discussing them, and even documenting some of it on the project website,
as ways to help potential and new participants to understand how the
project works -e.g. a contributing.html page.

Hope that helps with some context.

Upayavira

On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 11:22 -0500, "Schwartz, Philip Marc (LNG-BCT)"
<Philip.Schwartz@lexisnexis.com> wrote:
> I would say the bylaws are more of a direct interpretation of  the ASF
> general policy. It is more to the point and would allow us to have an
> easy to get through guideline for project operation directly on the
> project site. But as Apache rules go, your -0 is an implicit veto. We can
> end the vote here.
>

> Thank You,
> Philip Schwartz
> Software Engineering
> LexisNexis RIAG
> O - 561 999 4472
> C - 954 290 4024

for the libcloud project.

> > These bylaws do a very good job of defining the project organization and voting
process as done in the Apache way. I think if we can get consensus and use these bylaws, we
will have the start of organization so we can move to setup a PMC and move forward with votes
pertaining to the project.

> > My vote is +1
> >
> > This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended
for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  If you are not the intended
recipient, you should delete this message.  Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this