libcloud-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Querna <p...@querna.org>
Subject Re: [libcloud] Graduation Vote?
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2010 19:14:59 GMT
On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 2:24 PM, ant elder <ant.elder@gmail.com> wrote:
> It would be good to see more of a course set on what to do with the
> Java support. There hasn't been consensus on what to do with it so
> showing the project can handle that would be good before graduation.

It hasn't attracted a diverse committer base.

It hasn't been reviewed on a technical level.

It hasn't been released (or had vetting with RAT).

It is in a sandbox area. That is it's state.

The Python side of libcloud is gaining absolutely zero by remaining in
the Incubator.

The Java side is just a young project which may die, or may grow, and
I certainly hope for the former, but I am not sure how that is related
to the community we have today remaining in the Incubator.

Many TLPs grow communities in different products as they mature, and
as long as we are comfortable with the makeup of the PMC, and trust
them to know what to do, I don't believe the current situation with
Java support is a problem for graduation.

The Incubator is about education of people and IP clearance -- trust
the people to do the right things, and the IP situation has long been
clear for Libcloud.

Thanks,

Paul