libcloud-dev mailing list archives

From Grig Gheorghiu <grig.gheorg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [libcloud] Cloud storage providers/drivers
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2010 15:48:42 GMT
On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 7:31 AM, Eric Woods <woodstae@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Grig,
>
> I found that the authentication code was the most difficult to port, especially for AWS.
 Java and Python have very different utilities for handling encoding/encryption schemes,
so most of my authentication code was written from scratch.  By all means, do what makes
the most sense for Python.

> I expect that the factoring of common components (e.g. connections), libcloud components
(e.g. Node), and storage components (e.g. Item) and general design patterns are what can be
leveraged most from the Java work.  As you dive into this, please feel free to ask questions
and provide feedback on the Java structure.

> Thanks,
> Eric

OK, will do. But in terms of licensing, is it OK to include code from
the AWS sample S3 code?

Grig