libcloud-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Querna <p...@querna.org>
Subject Re: [libcloud] Graduation Vote?
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2010 19:22:51 GMT
I DO want the Java codebase to part of libcloud -- What I said before
was that it MAY or MAY NOT grow into a larger, multi-committer,
sustainable project. Today it isn't, I want it to grow, but I don't
think it should hold up leaving incubation.

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 11:11 AM, Eric Woods <woodstae@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ant... I see what you're saying about a temporary holding place.  I'm okay with the
Java base remaining in sandbox until the lack of support Paul refers to is addressed (test
cases, more involvement, etc).

> It is true that Paul is the primary maintainer of the python base.  Given this, I'm
surprised at his opposition to incubating the Java code here.  The Java initiative represents
an opportunity for the libcloud project, not a competitor or extra overhead; an opportunity
for more growth, involvement, and language options for people looking to use libcloud's services.
 This all helps raise awareness around the libcloud "brand."  The two implementations can
benefit from each other.  The python community is now expressing interest in extending libcloud
to support storage services.  I've already chartered a course for storage support in the
Java base, and I believe the python code can leverage this work.