libcloud-dev mailing list archives

From Aymeric Barantal <m...@gandi.net>
Subject [libcloud] how to provide a new provider
Date Fri, 12 Nov 2010 11:51:32 GMT
Hi All,

I work for gandi.net SAS, a french company well known in its market, that were historically
registrar one.

We also provide VPS solution since 3 years, nowaday in a datacenter located in Paris, but
we will open a second one in America (Baltimore) in some weeks.

Also, we just launch a beta release of our public API (xmlrpc based) for our customers to
be able to manage their VPS and associated resources. This API will be open to every customers
in a short term.

I make the exercice to checkout libcloud (python version) some days ago and develop a driver
to act with our API that I integrate without complexity in this lib. So from my point of view
we can become a new provider for libcloud. But I've got some questions to consider such integration
;)

What do you expect or require to integrate a new provider into your baseline ?

Do you have special considerations that we must take care of, for such work ?

I can provide a git patch or pull request easily if you want.

Sincerly,

Aymeric Barantal

- --
Senior Data Architect @ gandi.net