libcloud-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Woods <woods...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [libcloud] Creating sandbox/perl
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2010 09:06:32 GMT
On this note, it's worth considering how we'll structure the project to accommodate different
languages.  Especially with the Java port, I don't think a directory within sandbox does it
justice anymore.  How about a structure like this:

libcloud
	/trunk/	<-- core python trunk
	/java/ 	<-- java trunk
	/perl/ 	<-- perl trunk
	/.../		<-- etc, etc

Eric W.

On Sep 30, 2010, at 11:02 AM, Jerry Chen wrote:

> Hi Philip,
>
> On Sep 30, 2010, at 9:46 AM, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I'd like to hear thoughts on adding a perl based libcloud.
>>
>> If I write something up would it be feasible to create sandbox/perl and
>> put it there?  No need to do anything until I actually produce something.
>
> I would say the concerns with any additional languages are:
>
> - Proximity to the Python API in design
> - Supporting community for discussion and contributions
> - Code quality, documentation and tests
>
> What are your thoughts on these matters?
>
> At some point in the near future, I think we all need to revisit these concerns for the
core Python community, as I think activity has tapered off lately.