libcloud-dev mailing list archives

From Jerry Chen <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [libcloud] Creating sandbox/perl
Date Thu, 30 Sep 2010 15:02:11 GMT
Hi Philip,

On Sep 30, 2010, at 9:46 AM, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'd like to hear thoughts on adding a perl based libcloud.
>
> If I write something up would it be feasible to create sandbox/perl and
> put it there?  No need to do anything until I actually produce something.

I would say the concerns with any additional languages are:

- Proximity to the Python API in design
- Supporting community for discussion and contributions
- Code quality, documentation and tests

What are your thoughts on these matters?

At some point in the near future, I think we all need to revisit these concerns for the core
Python community, as I think activity has tapered off lately.

Thanks,
Jerry