libcloud-dev mailing list archives

From Jerry Chen <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [libcloud] Java Skeleton Available
Date Sat, 22 May 2010 05:07:05 GMT

> Based on the correct way of resolving conflict in apache projects

> http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html

My votes are non-binding as well.

> libcloud is a python project and should remain purely python
> throughout incubation
YES [X]
NO [ ]

+1: I have the willingness (and occasional capacity :)) to help out within the original scope
of the project, namely a Python library.

> libcloud is an abstraction interface for various cloud hosting
> service providers, the current implementation happens to be Python,
> but other bindings for Java etc will make libcloud more convenient
YES [ ]
NO [X]

-0.9: I strongly disagree but will not stand in the way.

It would be great to see the Java libcloud enthusiasts begin committing code to a central
repository outside of Apache Incubator while this issue stalls. There might be value in an
external mailing list, or at least a way for everyone here to see exactly how much support
there is, both code-wise and discussion-wise.

Cheers,
Jerry