libcloud-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Cole <fernc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [libcloud] Java Skeleton Available
Date Mon, 17 May 2010 22:27:54 GMT
jclouds wrapping libcloud... It's hard to wrap something that didn't exist
yet!  Moreover libcloud functionality is a subset of jclouds, which is
perfectly appropriate to the scope of this project.

jclouds public history is longer than libcloud, albeit only 3 or 4 months.
I watched the birth of libcloud, through the weird name conflict with the
now deltacloud, watched you guys add drivers, and chatted over dinner with
paul about what is now the deploy api.  I have applauded libcloud publicly
along the way, with the exception of this particular issue.  I'd like us to
all focus on what we do best and not unnecessarily cause confusion.

Anyhow, congrats on trolling me just now :p
-Adrian