libcloud-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Cole <fernc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [libcloud] Java Skeleton Available
Date Mon, 17 May 2010 05:43:07 GMT
I'd ask the same question, and also ask how this gets reconciled with the
incubator proposal of libcloud itself.  The original charter clearly stated
this was a project for the python community, and that it seems to have
served well.  Based on this behavior, it seems that all you need to do to
make sweeping changes in a project is to submit a single patch supporting
your company's cloud.  When exactly did libcloud turn into a multi-language
project?  I don't recall or see a "single" request from the java community
apart from IBM (eric's ) after they submitted a patch to support their
cloud.  On the other hand, "the" java library for cloud computing has had
continuous increase in committers, activity, and adoption, not to mention
proven ability to convert community's requests into code.  Where's the
transparent need?

Regards,
Adrian
Founder jclouds