libcloud-dev mailing list archives

From Jerry Chen <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [libcloud] Java Skeleton Available
Date Sun, 16 May 2010 05:00:59 GMT

On May 14, 2010, at 3:46 PM, Eric Woods wrote:

> As noted earlier, we've targeted a very strong mapping between the existing
> Python design and the Java implementation. Aside from Python's design being
> minimal and extensible, this will make it easy to port existing adapters to
> Java since it's the same structure and model. This will also provide the
> same look and usage to the user of libcloud adapters for faster adoption.
>
> Feedback is welcome and appreciated.

How do we reconcile the fact that for all intents and purposes, the Libcloud community is
geared towards Python developers?

I'm not opposed to a Java port of Libcloud at all, but merely questioning its placement within
the same repository. From a committer's standpoint, I have far less of an ability to review,
to test and to sign off on Java code than I do for Python.

What does everyone think?

Cheers,
Jerry