lenya-user mailing list archives

From Emyr Tomos <emyr.tomos.gam...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding favicons to Lenya RELEASE_2_0_4
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2012 11:24:36 GMT
Hi Rainer,
Thanks for your reply, sorry I didn't respond earlier.
I am convinced from looking at my error logs that the lenya fallback
mechanism, in the case of favicons, is failing to include the "images"
folder in the filesystem path when it's looking for the file. the reason i
keep getting the lenya icon is not because lenya is falling back to that -
it fails to find that also - but because /favicon.ico works, and the
venerable old method that microsoft first introduced comes into play.
Interestingly when I wget to a static site this problem disappears, but
even if it didn't we will be either serving statically or frontending with
apache so we can ensure there is a correct favicon.ico in the docroot of
each virtual host. Since spending a vast amount of time on this would leave
my employers wondering at the wisdom of my choice of lenya, i have deferred
this indefinitely (i.e until nothing else needs doing :-D) but if ii pick
it up again i'll let you know what i find.

tx again,
regards
em