lenya-user mailing list archives

From Florent André <florent.andre-...@4sengines.com>
Subject Re: Defining the publication's default page
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2009 10:05:12 GMT
On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 12:33:02 -0500, Richard Frovarp <rfrovarp@apache.org>
wrote:
> Florent André wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> By default, when the browser points to http://mypublication.com, the
>> publication search an "index.html" document.
>>
>> I think it could be cool to let the publication's admin to define the
>> default page he wants.
>>
> So I'm confused as to why you would want your default page to be
> something other than index.html and still have a different index.html?
> That the general standard is to put your default page where the web
> server is going to direct your users by default.

Thanks for your answer,

In many other CMS, user can define the default page for the root domain
name (e.g. : http://mydomain.com)

This possibility is useful when we have a "change often" site.
For example, if I have a site about car, I would like that in February my
index page show the new Opel article, in March the index page show the new
BMW, ...

And I think it's not "cool" to have to copy/paste content each month or
rename articles to be "index.html".

So just have to define the default page with a property could be useful.

I hope to be clear,
Regards