lenya-user mailing list archives

From Andreas Hartmann <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Making a publication editable with firedocs
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2009 16:34:14 GMT
Hi Vik,

Vik Tara schrieb:
> The new firedocs support is a wonderful enhancement to Lenya - I think
> lot's of user's will benefit hugely from it.
>
> Whilst there is an example firedocs publication - there are currently no
> documents describing how to implement firedocs for existing 1.2.x and
> 2.0.x sites.
>
> I would like to correct that situation :)
>
> Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.

I'll be glad to help, maybe I'll find the time to start a page in the
docu publication tonight.

BTW, this raises the question if it makes sense to consider promoting a
standarized way to assemble web pages in Lenya publications. More
specifically, this could mean to provide a standard publication.xmap in
the core, probably with certain customization hooks. This way we could
(kind-of) ensure that each publication is editable with Firedocs and the
other editors. This idea is not new, but somehow we never got around to
implement it.

Would anyone be interested in such a discussion?

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO
BeCompany GmbH