lenya-user mailing list archives

From Andreas Hartmann <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: problem in lenya installation on netbeans
Date Thu, 16 Apr 2009 07:42:06 GMT
anshree123 schrieb:
> i am using:
> Lenya 2.0
> NetBeans IDE 6.5
> Apache Tomcat 6.0.18
>
> i am able to install the Lenya 2.0 as a stand-alone using built-in jetty
> server by following the steps given in link below
>
> http://lenya.apache.org/docu20/installation20/install20.html#prerequisites
>
> but while following the installation instruction to install Lenya in Tomcat
> using the above link and When I'm trying to run the build.bat file from
> lenya's source folder
>
> Build Failed when it is trying copy from
> C:\your_home\src\apache-lenya-2.0.2-src\build\lenya\webapp\WEB-INF\lib\fop-0.20.5.jar
> to C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache Tomcat
> 6.0.18\webapps\lenya\webapp\WEB-INF\lib\fop-0.20.5.jar since the path is not
> found.

What is the value of your tomcat.webapps.dir in build.properties?
Apparently Lenya tries to copy the library to an invalid destination:

webapps\lenya\webapp\WEB-INF instead of
webapps\lenya\build\lenya\webapp\WEB-INF

BTW, it's not recommended to have spaces in the Lenya web application
path, but I don't think this is related to the build issue.

> So i have a doubt like whether Lenya 2.0 can be installed with Tomcat 6.0.18

Yes, Lenya can be installed in Tomcat.

> and can be integrated with NetBeans 6.5 IDE?

I haven't tried it yet, but I imagine this should also be possible.

> or Lenya 2.0 is meant only for Eclipse IDE
> because in lenya's build.properties file i saw something related with
> Eclipse IDE as given below:

Most of the developers are using Eclipse, that's why Lenya has built-in
support to generate an Eclipse project. That's only for convenience reasons.

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO
BeCompany GmbH