lenya-user mailing list archives

From "Rudolf Korhummel" <rud...@korhummel.de>
Subject Re: Release 2.0.3: Kupu / TinyMCE / FCKEditor
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2009 17:08:10 GMT
> Hi everyone,
>
> this question has been raised in a thread on the dev list, but IMO it's
> important enough to be discussed in a separate thread on the user list.
>
> I hope we all agree on these facts:
>
> * We need a 2.0.3 release asap.
> * The Kupu integration has serious issues which can't be resolved quickly.
> * We shouldn't neglect the IE users.
>
> So, assuming that neither delaying the release nor fixing the Kupu
> integration are valid options, which course of action should we take?
> Some suggestions (not mutually exclusive):

I think having a document describing the editors situation for new users
would be import.

> 1. Just release, add the known issues to the release notes.
This may be be a frustrating experience for new users, because some will
try before they read the documentation (-0)
> 2. Move Kupu to the contributions area, release without Kupu.
> 3. Move Kupu to the last position in the "Edit" menu.
2 or 3 is ok from MPOV. 3 maybe better, because we still have Kupu users.
> 4. Promote FCKEditor (menu item with link to the install instructions)
> 5. Promote TinyMCE (menu item with link to the install instructions)

I've no experiences with this editors, because we use custom tags and the
xml validation was importend for us. But we can add the experiences from
other users to the documentation.

> 6. ....

Rudolf