lenya-user mailing list archives

From Florent André <florent.andre-...@4sengines.com>
Subject Re: How to use the collection module
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2009 08:48:42 GMT
Hi René,

This is just some of my pointers on collection... (maybe you have already
seen it and don't care about, but maybe it can help...)

* You have a good introduction to collection on this page :
http://lenya.apache.org/docu20/standardmodules/collectionmodulesection/collectionmoduleoverview.html

* With the collection module, if you want to have all children of a
document you can use
this include :
<ci:include
src="cocoon://modules/collection/collectionWithChildren/{$uuid}/{$language}.xml"
select="*/*"/> (code in file module/collection/prepareCinclude.xsl)

This fire the collectionWithChildren pipeline of the collection's sitemap.

* After say that I'm not sure if collection is really your problem or if
it's to define a resource type that is a collection (the news module is an
example for this, see the cocoon.xconf).

I'm not a "star" in collection, but I think that it will be a good solution
for your module.

Good luck for your module that seems to be really cool !

HTH

have a good day