lenya-user mailing list archives

From Jörn Nettingsmeier <netti...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New resource type when edited refers to the foaf.rng?
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2009 12:31:04 GMT
MShah wrote:
> Thanks Jorn.  The problem is resolved.  I edited the cocoon.conf file for the
> new resource type and that resolved it.  The build process was not pdating
> the file.

to clarify: the build process does update the file, but not the way you
(and any other sane person for that matter) would think.

the xconf files are patches that are applied to the master cocoon.xconf.
the patch behaviour is defined in the header of the patch:

<xconf xpath="/cocoon/resource-types"
unless="/cocoon/resource-types/component-instance[@name = 'homepage']">
<!--...-->
</xconf>

this means: patch the included xml snippet into /cocoon/resource-types
*unless* such a snippet already exists.

once you've applied a patch, the snippet does exist. that means that if
you change the patchfile later, the updated patch will never be applied.

all you can do about it is manually remove the snippet from
cocoon.xconf, or delete the file altogether and do a full rebuild.

if you think you did as described above, and the patch was still wrong,
then my guess would be that you have another patchfile lying around
somewhere from your earlier experiments. and the first patchfile to go
in wins. grep through your source tree to make sure.

best,

jörn

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier