lenya-user mailing list archives

From Andreas Hartmann <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Lenya customization - split main region area into two
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2008 15:29:40 GMT
Hi Pankaj,

Pankaj Mandaliya schrieb:

[…]

> My actual requirement is to display the page in splitted area when the
> link for it is coming from main page. This glossary type page is
> actually not as small as glossary, but itself is an another page, which
> may be generated by CMS user as a new small article. I am planning to
> put these reference articles under a separate folder. This folder will
> not be visible in the navigation links, when the site is live.
>
> Now when user/editor creates the link from this special folder, it
> should create the link for the current page by adding some parameter to
> url generated for the link saying that - split the page and in splitted
> page, display the article for which the user has created the link.
>
> So, there are two main things.
> 1) When link is created in editor, it should put some parameter in link
> creation, such that when its clicked, we can identify that.
> 2) When such link is pressed, we should know what is requested and do
> the necessary action.

how about this?

The author designates the term in the editor using some special markup.
In XHTML, this could be for instance

An XSLT replaces the <span> with a link:

Another XSLT checks for the glossaryTerm request parameter and includes
the glossary document accordingly (in the example the node name is the
same as the term, you'd have to find a convention for spaces and other
special characters):

   <xsl:if test="$glossaryTerm != ''">
       <ci:include src="site:/{$lang}/glossary/$glossaryTerm"/>
   </xsl:if>

HTH,

-- Andreas

--