lenya-user mailing list archives

From Andreas Hartmann <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Lenya customization - split main region area into two
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2008 12:33:47 GMT
Hi Pankaj,

Pankaj Mandaliya schrieb:

> In Lenya, we have the main body region, where we create XHTML document
> in authoring mode and create articles. I want to create article which
> contains a link, and clicking on this link, that article should be
> divided into two separate parts. Here left part will still contain
> original document, and the right part will contain the article
> referenced by left side document.
> If in my article, there are some difficult words, which requires some
> explanation, then instead of redirecting user to another page for that
> word-reference-link, I want to present that information on the same
> page, by splitting the original page into two and word reference
> information on the right side. And I want my user to build such pages
> and create word-reference-link like this.

so you want to maintain a glossary? I'd recommend something like this:

- Use a glossary document containing all terms and explanations, e.g.

   <g:glossary xmlns:g="http://myproject.org/lenya/glossary/1.0">
     <g:term name="foo">
       … Explanation of foo …

- Use links like lenya-document:?glossaryTerm=foo to call the same page
with a glossary column

- Use an XSLT stylesheet to include the corresponding glossary entry

   <xsl:if test="$glossaryTerm != ''">
       <ci:include src="site:/{$lang}/glossary"
         select="/g:glossary/g:term[@name = $glossaryTerm]/node()"/>

> I understand a bit of Cocoon architecture, and think that it should be
> possible by using some kind of Transformer. Can you provide me reference
> to such article or provide some guideline for achieving this.
> I have download Lenya 2.0 and installed on local machine. Still I am
> getting some error. It says contact System administrator, but does not
> give me detail of the error.

You find the error message in the page HTML (use "view source" in the

> Even not available in the log4j log file.

> Which version is currently stable for Lenya?

The stable version is 2.0.1 (at the moment only available via SVN).

-- Andreas

Andreas Hartmann, CTO
BeCompany GmbH
Tel.: +41 (0) 43 818 57 01