lenya-user mailing list archives

From "Pankaj Mandaliya" <pankajmandal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lenya customization - split main region area into two
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2008 13:42:15 GMT
Hi Andreas,

Thanks a lot for helpful reply! I will try your suggestion.

My actual requirement is to display the page in splitted area when the link
for it is coming from main page. This glossary type page is actually not as
small as glossary, but itself is an another page, which may be generated by
CMS user as a new small article. I am planning to put these reference
articles under a separate folder. This folder will not be visible in the
navigation links, when the site is live.

Now when user/editor creates the link from this special folder, it should
create the link for the current page by adding some parameter to url
generated for the link saying that - split the page and in splitted page,
display the article for which the user has created the link.

So, there are two main things.
1) When link is created in editor, it should put some parameter in link
creation, such that when its clicked, we can identify that.
2) When such link is pressed, we should know what is requested and do the
necessary action.
I do not have much idea for these areas.

Appreciate any help in this regard.
Hope I am making myself clear.

Thanks,
Pankaj