lenya-user mailing list archives

From Andreas Hartmann <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2.0.1] XML namespace prefix confusion in LenyaMetaDataGenerator.java for the Collections module and MetaDataTransformer.java xmlns URI oddity
Date Sat, 19 Apr 2008 14:52:04 GMT
Hi Gringinho,

thanks a lot for bringing this up. I agree that the current situation
causes confusion.

Gringinho schrieb:

[...]

> Can I suggest that the lenya:metadata prefix is dropped from
> LenyaMetaDataGenerator.java ,
> or that a more appropriate meta:metadata prefix is used ?

+1 to use the meta: prefix.

> Secondly - the xmlns:meta URI used in the standard page2xhtml.xsl is
> different
> from the normal xmlns:meta="http://apache.org/cocoon/lenya/metadata/1.0"
> used in other stylesheets around Lenya.
>
> The only places that the URI http://apache.org/lenya/meta/1.0/ is
> mentioned are in
> MetaDataTransformer.java
> pubs/default/sitemap.xmap
> pubs/default/xslt/page2xhtml.xsl
>
> Everywhere else the metadata element and xmlns:meta prefix are all
> associated with
> the URI http://apache.org/cocoon/lenya/metadata/1.0 .

This URI uses the old convention from the times when we were a Cocoon
sub-project. I suggest the following:

- Declare the LenyaMetaDataGenerator as deprecated
- Introduce a MetaDataGenerator which uses
http://apache.org/lenya/meta/1.0/ as output namespace

Or would it be better to use different namespaces for the generator and
the transformer?

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO