lenya-user mailing list archives

From Andreas Hartmann <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Next user meeting?
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2008 22:57:45 GMT
Hi Rudolf,

rudolf.korhummel@uniklinik-freiburg.de schrieb:

> Bad S├Ąckingen ist a litte nice town, I'like to live here, but the speed of
> the interneconnections ist not so high.
> The most locations like the Volkshochschule (www.vhs-bad-saeckingen.de) or
> my home have 3034 MBit Download and 500 Mbit upload rates.
>
> Only the hotel Schweizerblick (www.scheizerblick.de) will soon get an new
> connecting service via cable TV (www.kabelbw.de) which is much faster, but
> they can't promise that it's realized until May.
>
> If this is fast enough for our meeting (to provide video streaming isn't
> possible), I would propose the 27 28 or of 29 May in Bad S├Ąckingen for a
> one or a two day meeting. One week later would also be ok.

maybe we should start a Wiki page where everyone can vote for a date? It
would be great if we could fix the date and location soon so that we can
start sending invitations and posting announcements on Xing etc.

> Possible locations would be the Volkshochschule, Hotel Schweizerblick,
> Hotel Goldener Knopf (www.goldenerknopf.de), or an other location.

Which one would you recommend?

> If the speed is to slow for the meeting, I may be able to find a solution
> in Freiburg.

IMO speed is not that important as long as it's sufficient for IRC,
normal web browsing and SVN. It would be great if we could work on the
Lenya website, so it should be a bit faster than a modem :)

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO
BeCompany GmbH