lenya-user mailing list archives

From Andreas Hartmann <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Search index scope
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2008 13:36:52 GMT
solprovider@apache.org schrieb:

[...]

> Sorry, "opt-in" may be American slang -- means default to exclude
> everything with an option to be included.  (The opposite is "opt-out"
> meaning everything is included and each must ask to be excluded.)  The
> suggestion is to specify in each Publication whether to be included in
> each multi-Publication index.
>
> Using the school district example:
> <publication id="school1">
>    <search index="work/search/index"/>
>    <search index="/commonindexes/town1"/>
>    <search index="/commonindexes/county1"/>
> </publication>

What would this mean for internal usecases like link and asset
management? If each index has a human-readable name, we could show a
combobox:

   Show all images from
     [ George Washington High School ]
     [ Walnut Creek                  ]
     [ San Francisco Bay Area        ]

Another option would be to use index types, e.g.

   <publication id="school1">
     <search index="work/search/index-lenya" type="manage"/>
     <search index="work/search/index" type="consume"/>
   </publication>

The Lenya usecases would search only in the "manage" index. But IMO this
would make the configuration a bit too complex.

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO
BeCompany GmbH