lenya-user mailing list archives

From Andreas Hartmann <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Role editing (was: doubt)
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2008 11:11:25 GMT
Hi Kanth,

would you mind choosing more meaningful subjects for your mails and
configure your mail client to send plain text mails? Otherwise the reply
looks a bit scattered, as you can see below, and it is more difficult
for us to help you and for others to read our mails.

kanth nalluri wrote:
>        sir,
>
>                                 I am a final year MCA student   i am
> very much interested  in lenya  so i choose this as my final year
> project  *"enhancement of Apache lenya"

IIUC you want to help fixing bugs? That would be great, of course, and
is very appreciated. Do you already have a set of issues in mind, or do
you need help selecting them?

>                     *i am * *using  lenya 2.0 and java 1.5.0_12 with the
> built in jetty server .....
>
>                               *MODULE:  All Roles should be editable in
> GUI *
>

>                                      what is the  meaning of it ?
>
>                 i am expecting this  in this way  but i  am  not sure ...
>

>   *in lenya 2.0  home page  under default --> login for authoring -->
> user name and password  -->login   a new screen will be opened   if  i
> choose the admin tab there i can able to see the  tabs like  users
> ,groups, IP ranges and session  delete trash  etc  ....   if    i
> choose  users  tab  means   the  list  of  local users  and  their roles
> (admin,editor,re viewer and site manager ) are visible in that window
> itself

In the Site area (tabs "AC auth", "AC live") you can assign roles to
users/groups/IP ranges. At the moment, these roles can only be
configured as XML files in the filesystem. The bug says that it would be
nice if there was a GUI for editing these roles (add/delete), similar to
the group administration.

HTH,

-- Andreas

--