lenya-user mailing list archives

From Andreas Hartmann <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: help a Novice, pls
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2008 09:36:03 GMT
logancillo schrieb:
> hi, i m doing some reseach about Java-Xslt content management system. What i
> need is a tool that let me built in a visual way (wysiwyg) the xslt
> templates, can Lenya do this?

This is conceptually a bit difficult. I don't know how familiar you are
with XSLT - it is a language to describe a transformation process, not a
"layout" (like, e.g., XHTML+CSS or XSL-FO). It is not possible to edit
XSLTs in WYSIWYG mode.

But, what you could do is build your pages using XHTML templates, which
could be edited in WYSIWYG mode. You can do this with Lenya, in fact it
is a recommended way to implement the presentation layer. Editing the
templates needs a some configuration, though. You have to extend the
editor integration (e.g., for BXE) to support custom tags in the templates.

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO
BeCompany GmbH