lenya-user mailing list archives

From Andreas Hartmann <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Let me see if I can be more precise
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2008 13:59:42 GMT
Campbell, Joe schrieb:

[...]

> This tells me some about the 'tail' end integration I may have to do -
> but it doesn't tell me anything about setting up lenya to allow the
> management of, and writing of Velocity pages/macros from its GUI
> interface.  Maybe that would have been a better wording for the original
> question, How can I configure lenya to allow a user to utilize the lenya
> tooling to manage velocity content?

IIUC you need to do the following:

1. Create a publication

2. Configure the resource types you need, preferrably by adding a module
(see http://lenya.apache.org/docs/2_0_x/reference/resource-types.html,
http://lenya.apache.org/docs/2_0_x/tutorials/resourcetype/part1.html)

3. Create an importer to import your velicity pages into the content
repository of your publication (see for instance the forrest module in
the sandbox as an example)

4. Configure the presentation layer (no idea what this will look like)

> The follow up question is then, how
> can I 'publish' that content in either a push mechanism (i.e. when
> changed push out to a location) or a pull mech allowing the server with
> the 'need' for the content to pull the content on some sort of approved
> schedule.

The easiest way is probably a push mechanism which is attached to the
publish workflow transition. You can implement this by overriding the
workflow.publish usecase handler. You'll find more information on the
website:
http://lenya.apache.org/docs/2_0_x/reference/usecase-framework/index.html

-- Andreas

--