lenya-user mailing list archives

From "Rich Moffitt" <r...@richmoffitt.org>
Subject Re: Support for Active Directory???
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2008 22:19:35 GMT
Hi guys,

I never post to this list but I always see the conversations going back and
forth.  Hopefully I'm spitting out some info that helps.

Usually with AD authentication, everything works without much modification
(AD really is just LDAP but customized).  Things to keep in mind are:

- user id is sAMAccountName in Active Directory
- credentials can be provided in cleartext or SASL... or just connect SSL
- credentials can be formatted as fully qualified or as "user@domain"

That's about all I can think of at the moment, anyway.

Best,
Rich