lenya-user mailing list archives

From Rainer Schöpf <rainer.scho...@proteosys.com>
Subject Re: internal server error at the first Lenya try
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2008 13:01:21 GMT
On Tue, 22 Apr 2008, Wolfgang Jeltsch wrote:

 > Maybe I’ll try to use Lenya with Tomcat.  Can anybody tell me how to configure
 > Tomcat’s security manager to give Lenya appropriate permissions?

Switch off the security manager (either by setting TOMCAT5_SECURITY=no in
/etc/dfault/tomcat5 or by removing the -Djava.security.manager
-Djava.security.policy=... command line parameters). It is only necessary to
separate the different web applications. If you're just trying things out, there
is no reason to use it.

I tried to configure it, but gave up halfway. Configuring is extremely tedious:
you don't know beforehand all necessary permissions. Hence you loop through

  wait for the next security excpetion
  look into the debug logs
  modify security settings
  restart tomcat

If you are adventurous, I can send you the half-baked configuration I made.

 Rainer